By Rod Johnson

Rodric believes Moroni included special instruction for Modern times and wants to share his unique perspective the same way Moroni shared in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

Getting Personal With Christianity: Joseph Smith II

December 23, 1805 in Sharon, Vermont, Lucy Mack and Joseph Smith Senior welcomed Joseph Smith Junior into mortality. I reflect on the mission of Joseph Smith each year on that day. Joseph Smith II was the man who the Lord saw fit to visit, along with His Son Jesus Christ, to usher in the fullness of times, or the complete restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ before the Second Advent of Jesus Christ, this time as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Joseph was a 14-year-old boy who had the faith to go to the Lord in prayer and receive an answer based on scripture he read from the Holy Bible. He was the prophet whom I had been looking for when I so foolishly decided to give up on Christianity. He is the prophet I discovered so miraculously after I read a book of scripture that he translated. A book that facilitated my conversion to Christ. I owe my faith in God, my Christianity, and all the blessings available to me and millions of others to the willingness of Joseph Smith Junior to follow God.

Let it be said of him the vilest and untoward things, as will be said and has been said, I record of him now that I know of divine knowledge that he did see God the Father and Jesus Christ in answer to his prayer as he claims he did. He also saw angels who ministered to him and he conversed with Jesus Christ about his salvation as his several accounts record.

I know it because God sent His Spirit to me, who spoke by the mouth of an angel, revealed it to me, and constantly reassures me that what He revealed to me is true. Without going into my personal account too much, when the missionaries revealed his vision to me, I also saw in vision Joseph Smith seeing God the Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery received the priesthood authority to baptize and, eventually, to organize the Church of Christ as the authorized entity on Earth to transport the souls of men on the sown the Covenant Path of Jesus Christ back into the presence of God the Father.

As a disciple of Christ and a member of The Church ofJesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a Christian, I lend my witness that God has restored His authority to Earth. I testify I am a partaker in the Covenant and that the Atonement of Christ is effective in my life. I testify that through Jesus Christ only can salvation come to humanity—something I came only to know through reading The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Why do I add that here? It is the only reason I found God because a 14-year-old boy knew to ask Him a question that led to the tool that converted me to Jesus Christ. It is the most important event in my life because all other events hang onto the witness I received of Jesus Christ from reading that book. Joseph Smith Jr. is important to me. I think about that on the 23rd of December.

Other Articles

No comments: