By Rod Johnson

Rodric believes Moroni included special instruction for Modern times and wants to share his unique perspective the same way Moroni shared in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

Reality Check

We have to face reality. Reality is that we are limited in what we can do and who we can influence. We must to learn to be fine with that. 

We are not going to convert the world to our personal views. We may try, but we are not going to force our kiddies to all become doctors and engineers. We will not save the whole world at one time! Reality is  we, I can save me, and the people who trust me enough to listen.

When I sit down to write, I imaging thousands of people out there like me sitting down waiting to hear what I have to say. 

My imagination is based on a dream. Reality tells me it is possible that no one will ever read what I write. I have written books, and no one has taken an interest in them. Reality tells me that kind of things happens!

You know what I love about reality, it is always the same. It takes no single person's side. It is like a fair-minded parent. We all get a dose of reality from time-to-time because we mostly live in a world of our own making.

Reality is that a two-year-old boy was killed by a pact of wild African dogs at a zoo because a parent made a mistake. Reality is she is upset enough without being blasted by judgmental outsiders who call her a bad parent. Reality is that she needs a friend and support so that she will not go down a dark path.

Reality tells me that I know that path because I lost my 21-month old daughter in a tragic accident. Our stories may be different, but this woman and husband who lost their baby are in the throws of hell's gaping jaws! Reality is, people are still going to judge until something like that happens to them.

Being real about that, losing a child, I pray it never happens to those who would judge. Deep down though I wish that they could know how it feels without someone else having to get hurt. 

Reality is, I am just human and will have dark thoughts sometimes about judgmental people. Reality is to keep them to myself.

Other Articles

No comments: